Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Story: Acne & Accutane Part 2

(Make sure to read Part1)

     Accutane... The pill that you have to sign paper to get it. The pill that your here all these horror stories, well im here to tell you all about my experience and the truth behind it. Let me start by saying I was on it for 5 months and im still alive and healthy! So when you sign up you have to go through a consultation and you do have to sign papers. The thing is you have to sign papers for a program called iPledge, which is a government ran program that only focuses on getting pregnant while on Accutane. So you have to have 2 forms of prevention for them to know you wont be having any pregnancies. They do this because they want to prevent baby's with birth defects. When you take Accutane there are possible side effects like joint pain, mood swings, and dryness. I had all of these side effects, but nothing severe, I cried a bit more, I had to use moisturizer and chap-stick 24/7 also some Advil once in awhile when my joints hurt. Although a lot of people hear about liver or kidney problems as a side effect, this only occurs if you drink alcohol while on the medication, so that is a misunderstanding. There are some requirements while on the it, you have to get your blood drawn every month, you cant drink alcohol, you have to take an online quiz for iPledge, once a month check up appointment, and limit sunlight, nothing you cant handle for 5-6 months. If you do decide to get on it, it will get worse for the first month then it truly starts to disappear for the next 2 months then after that your clear for life! After deciding to go though with the medication and the 5 months taking it I can honestly say it was the best thing I have ever done for myself personally. My face is completely clear and the only thing im working on now is my scares so I continue with CO2s. I am cautious about my face so I make sure to use a good face wash and skin products. I would recommended this to anyone who struggles with acne. Trust me I know how it feels to look in the mirror and hate what you see because the only thing you see are these huge red bumps all over your face. I know how it feels to have a conversation with someone and you know there staring at the acne across your forehead and down your cheeks. So if you have tried other medications and nothing is helping, look into Accutane and don't turn away without thinking about it. I hope this helps either settling your mind about the pill or opening your mind.


Feel free to comment if this post has helped you or if you have ANY questions. :)

Please Subscribe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment