Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Story: Acne & Accutane Part 1

 

      I wanted to share my story with acne because it was a huge problem in my life for several years. Im hoping this post will help others. So I know many people have had acne, whether it was for a week or for years, its a hard thing to go through because its on your face where everyone can see. Its sad to say, but a lot of people get made fun of for it or seen as "nasty" "pizza face"or "ugly", but what those people don't know is we didnt choose to have it!! So mine started about 7th grade and I went to the dermatology every 3 months for a couple years trying every topical cream thinking this was only going to last for short time. When the doctor noticed that wasn't working I started to go on pills. Which terrified me because I was young and never took pills (I always stuck with the liquid!!) so I went through every pill while on different topicals to see if any combination would clear my face up. Eventually nothing had changed and my confidence was in the drain. I went in for a check up at the dermatology and she had mention something about Accutane, my immediate thought was absolutely not, I will never go on that, I wont do that to my body, I have heard of all the story's, NO! I left that appointment with another pill and acne still on my face, but I did decide to start doing some acne procedures CO2 slush's once a month and acne surgery twice. The CO2s are dry ice and they spread it on your face to remove dead skin, bacteria, and kill new acne, this doesn't hurt. The acne surgery is when they put a needle into every bump and then take out the white pus, im going to be honest this hurts. The procedures helped, but didn't cure so I went in for another appointment. I remember going into the dermatology office and the doctor saying she was going to put me on a pill that was the strongest they had then saying "oh wait you have already been on that", so I asked her when was my first appointment, she said 2008. At that point I started to cry in the middle of her office realizing I have tried everything and nothing has worked and I live everyday embarrassed of my own face since 2008. I then decided I would go on Accutane....



Part 2 will be coming soon!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment