Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lip gloss Its Best & Worst! (Buxom, Urban Decay)

     Happy Saturday, I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend so far! So I thought I would write a little bit about my best lip glosses and my worst lip glosses today. I was looking at my jar of lippy stuff and thought there is one  specific brand that I ALWAYS grab for and never really noticed I did it. Then I started to go through them and realized there were ones that I never grab for, so I thought I would do a little review/rant about them! Especially since its summer and  lip gloss is so easy and fast rather than a lipstick. When its hot out and you don't really want to wear a lot of make up, a gloss is a great way to spruce up your makeup for the day! Lets start with the best....

Above-Left to Right: Lolita, Bunny, Roxanne, Carmen, Isabella :19$

     These beauties are the Buxom Lips by Bare Escentuals. They are by far my FAVORITE lip glosses ever! They have great color payoff, so vivid and true to its color. The texture of it is smooth and soft without being sticky. It glides on with out a gooey mess so it doesn't get all over. Although, my favorite part about this product is its tingly when you put in on your lips, so you almost feel like you have a treatment on your lips. Also when it tingles you can feel where its at, this is great if you don't have a mirror because you will know exactly where to wipe off if you messed up.
Buxom Swatches-Top to Bottom:  Isabella, Carmen, Roxanne, Bunny, Lolita

     My top pick out of these colors would be Lolita for a bolder look and Bunny for a softer neutral pink look. Even though my all time favorite is the Dolly, I had recently ran out of it so I need to pick up another one quick. It is the perfect shade to go with every lip. You really cant go wrong with these glosses, I am sure which ever one you pick up you will love. 

Now lets get to the worst lip gloss....

Above-Left to Right: Kirk, Colin, Rashad

     Im just going to be honest, these are the worst lip glosses I have ever used. The ONLY good thing is the packaging. Its a unique thin bottle with a guy on the top, which is a pretty cute idea. Although, that doesn't make up for the product itself. When you put it on your lips its very sticky and gooey. It really doesn't have great color it kinda sheer so not very pigmented. The worst part is the smell/taste of it, no lie it smells like mildew mixed with wet laundry, its terrible. Then you can get rid of it until you brush your teeth again because it will stay in your mouth all day and its the worst! I will be throwing these away and im so glad I got them on sale so I didn't pay full price for these!
Urban Decay Swatches- Top To Bottom: Colin, Rashad, Kirk

Comment and let me know what your best and worst glosses are! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment